MTBdex.com is located in the Netherlands. At MTBdex.com we share mountain biking knowledge and we advise visitors about mountain bikes (and accessories) through content in the form of advisory guides and informative pages. We process personal data in the context of these activities.
MTBdex.com prioritises the careful processing of personal data. Personal data that we collect is carefully processed and secured. When processing this personal data, we adhere to the rules required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this privacy statement you can read how we collect and use data with MTBdex.com in accordance with the GDPR.
Use of personal data
When you use MTBdex.com you can share personal data with us. We collect this personal data that you share with us. We will not use these personal data for purposes other than those included in this privacy statement.
What personal data do we collect?
When you use MTBdex.com you can share the following information with us:
- First Name
- Last name
- Company Name
- E-mail address
What do we use this personal data for?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication between visitors and MTBdex.com
- Sending newsletters by e-mail
- Prevention of SPAM
- Analyzing website statistics
How long do we keep this personal data?
We keep the personal data for as long as we deem it necessary for the realization of the purposes of collecting this personal data, which are included in this privacy statement. Normally we keep this personal data for 12 months.
With which parties do we share this personal data?
We never share the personal data we collect with third parties.
What are your rights?
You have the right to inspect the personal data that we process with MTBdex.com at any time. If you wish, you can always contact us, after which we will ensure that you receive a copy with the personal data that we process as soon as possible. We may need to verify your identity before we can send you this information. You also have the right to object to data processing. If you want us to delete your personal data, you can inform us about this.
We will always respond to your requests regarding personal data as quickly as possible and in a timely manner, in line with the GDPR.
At MTBdex.com we do everything we can to let you experience our website as well as possible. To achieve this, we have placed different types of cookies on MTBdex.com, including Analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy.
What exactly are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the device when a website is visited. Cookies are often necessary for a website to function properly and are used to optimize the website.
There are various cookies with different purposes. You can find more information about the different types of cookies on the All About Cookies website.
At MTBdex.com, cookies are used to constantly improve the website. We analyze how visitors experience the website.
Which cookies do we use?
The following cookies are used on MTBdex.com:
- 1 Necessary cookies: these cookies are necessary to enable a visitor to the website to navigate through the website.
- 2 Performance cookies: these cookies give us insight into how many visitors have been to the website, where they have been on the website and, for example, how long they have been on a page. We use Google Analytics to map this. To ensure that we do not collect personal data, we have automatically anonymized all statistics. For this we have gone through the following steps:
- We have entered into a processor agreement with Google. The “Amendment Data Processing” for MTBdex.com was accepted on May 14, 2021.
- We do not share data with Google. We have disabled all possible options for sharing statistics with Google via our websites. This includes Benchmarking, data sharing for Google Products and services, Technical Support, and information to Google account specialists.
- We do not share data with Google for advertising purposes. Like the options above, we have disabled the option to share data with Google for advertising purposes.
- We have disabled the option for User IDs. With this we cannot track the surfing behavior of a specific visitor across multiple devices and sessions. These cannot be linked either.
We store the non-personal data in Google Analytics for a maximum of 26 months. This gives us the necessary insight to be able to improve the website and to analyze adjustments in the longer term. After 26 months, the data is automatically reset.
- 3 Affiliate cookies
MTBdex.com also uses affiliate cookies. These affiliate cookies are used to provide insight to advertisers with which MTBdex.com cooperates, that a visitor has come via our website. When a transaction takes place on one of the affiliated advertisers website, MTBdex.com receives a commission for it.
MTBdex.com works together with affiliate networks for this. We currently work with the following affiliate networks:
- Odyssey Partnerships
We recommend that you carefully read the privacy statement of the relevant web shops and websites where you may make a purchase. The cookies of these affiliate networks are placed on the websites and web shops with which MTBdex.com cooperates. We never share personal data with these affiliate networks and their affiliated advertisers.
Overview of cookies on MTBdex.com
View an overview of the different cookies placed on MTBdex.com below.
|_ga||To distinguish visitors of the website from each other||26 months|
|_gads||Measure events with advertisements||26 months|
How can you manage your cookies?
Due to the fact that you may see commercials in ad units on MTBdex.com, the websites are free to visit. The advertisements are tailored by Google to your interests. You have the option to disable the cookies, after which you will still see advertisements, but which no longer apply to your interests.
Each browser has different adjustments for cookies: there are browsers that automatically accept cookies, but also browsers that notify you when cookies are found. View the options for the settings of the browser you use:
More information about managing your cookies on different devices or with different browsers can be found on the cookie management page of the All About Cookies website.
You can also indicate via the YourOnlineChoices.com website from which companies you no longer wish to receive cookies.
We ensure that the personal data we collect is protected against unlawful use. We have taken the following measures for this:
- Anonymization of IP addresses
- Secure website with SSL certificate (Let’s Encrypt)
- Transfers only via SSL
You can always contact us if you have any questions about our privacy statement.